Saturday, November 22, 2008

PSALM 23



A Psalm of David

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want 2 He makes me lie down in green pasture, He leads me besides quiet waters, 3 He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 you prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

In 2002, I did a complete study on Psalm 23; this is one of my favorite Psalms in the bible. Please note this is my own study of Psalm 23 and is not affiliated with any other studies of Psalms 23 that may have been completed by any other person(s). God speaks to each of US in his own way, if only we would allow him; it is all about a choices. God Bless!

The Lord is my shepherd (I am a sheep; sheep follow their master ‘the shepherd’ for sheep are stupid and have to following the voice of their master.) I shall not be in want (the Lord meets all my needs.) He makes me lie down in green pastures (resting through the Trails of life that make us all weary.) He leads me besides quiet waters, (Renewing my spirit. Showing me He is in control of this world and the things that take place within it.) He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name sake. (God’s voice echoes through all nations). Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (Trails and tribulations “deep in the valley”) I will fear no evil, (confident in our Father (God), and His words of wisdom to guide my path) for you are with me; (God is always with you and me, He never departs from us; it is us who makes a choice to depart from God. We believe we have everything under control and have no need of His service or love.) Your rod and your staff, they will comfort me. (The Father’s rod is an instrumental, looking towards heaven. There were miracles preformed and His hand was stretched forth to heal His people. (Could also insinuates discipline) and the staff (Like a Cain) is raise and the words spoken from Jesus, were to be written in text for our sake. The living waters “bible”) you prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. (Having victory over our enemies; God is protecting us.) You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (Pours His blessing upon me; in abundance when we are not deserving) Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, (Goodness; God has been promised upon us as we live and follow his well and not that of our own. His love is so awesome. God is love and always will be. For example, for those of us who have children, we correct and discipline our children because we love them; and do not want them to harm themselves and or others for the sake of love.) And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (I will follow the Lord; and to do the best with my abilities to service Him, while doing His well. Trusting in God and freeing myself from the ways of the world, but to dwell in His ever present.)



No comments: