Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fear



To be apprehensive; an uneasy feeling that something may happen contrary to one’s hopes…

Fear, that is such a BIG word, isn’t it? The letters are few, yet, the meaning of ‘Fear” is very powerful!

Often I wonder how many of us allow fear to entertain our minds and hearts. The stillness of fear is so heavy and can hinder all that God has in store for you and me. That’s right…Jude 1:23 tells us “Snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear – having even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh” Meaning we are not to live our lives with fear of man or what man can do to us, rather in the assurance of God, whom is Holy. God is not going to lead us in a path that he is not going to bless. Blessings become narrowed when we make decisions aside from God’s will from our lives.

Stepping out on Faith takes a great deal of trust and letting go of our fear, having no doubts takes time and understanding of God’s word. Also, remember just because it feels good, doesn’t mean it is good. So many times in my own life, when I “FELT/feels” like whatever it was I was involved with at that time was good; then it must have meant, it was, “right”? The feelings would be awesome initially, but would end up being a disaster, (Because of a simple “Feeling”) stupid thinking and action. I mean, if it feels good, then it must be good. Come-on! I would like to meet the person that started that whole “feel good” faze and ask for an example of just what that means.

Reflect back to something you were once afraid of; did it turn out as you felt? I would get myself so worked up over something, that I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Brainless, I know! But very true! Now, I’m not saying we will always be fear free, because that will not happen as long as we are living in the flesh and on this earth; we’ll always have some fear. “There is even a healthy fear, which is another story”. However, we can make a choice to live as fear free as long as we can.

Here are a couple of bible verses I found fitting:

Philippians 2:12 (NIV)-Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed-not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

Revelation 14:7 (NIV) –He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come. Worship him who made the spring of water.



No comments: