Saturday, November 22, 2008

Anger



Anger, ever felt/feel that way? I know I have and still do at times. Not too sure about anyone else, but I know I struggle in this area! Not acting out, takes discipline and trusting God to help you; to help us all during those "drive you mad, moments". That's right, God can help us all, if we ask and allow Him to work in each of our lives.

When I think of anger, one person comes to mind. I have a accumulation amount of anger towards this person, and I have to deal with those issues everyday! And it isn't always easy. Knowing and trusting that God will deliver me from that stronghold in his time; while teaching me to love others, NO MATTER WHAT!


First off, I am a female and tend to be a little more emotional geared than men do. (This does not excuse my behavior, in any way!) I'm accountable for my own actions and I have to answer for my behaviors/actions before God on judgment day, and there will be a judgment day, mark my words.

The most humbling experience in being humbled, is to be humble! Having to go back and apologize for my actions, whether it is my fault or not, is the right thing do; not saying it is easy, because, it is not! Apologizing took away my pride, and that is what gives each of us character! And, the sense of peace is worth it all. Others may think you're weak, but in your heart, you will know, what you did was right.

Do I always do what is right? No, and I never will…If I always did the right and noble thing, then why would we need Jesus? That would put me (us) right up there with Jesus, and I will NEVER be Jesus; I'm only forgiven for my foolish conduct.

Again, because of the choices I've made through-out life; anger is one of my strongest strongholds. My human nature wants to be in control most of the time and only pulling God out of the closet when assistance is needed. Sound all too familiar? Well, should I say it does to me! Because, that is what comes easiest to me; I’m a fixer.

Upon becoming a Christian in my 30's; God open my eyes up to things that where unbelievable and in much need of repair that God could only fix; God sharing His love with me, and showing me just how much he loves me, by forgiving me. God doesn’t want any of his children to perish, so, God will forgive us all, when we ask.

It makes me weep when I reflect back to my old life style. God begin by saying, bless those who curse you and pray for those who wrongfully use you. (Matthew 5:43-46). Very clearly, I remember saying to God, "I don't want to bless or pray for him or her; you don't know what they have done to me". Well, God reminded me in a quiet and loving way, that he forgave me for ALL, that is called "grace" and judgment is not mine, but His. (Matthew 7:1-2) Finally, over a 4 year span, I GOT THE PICTURE!

It seems like there are angry people everywhere to deal with, but God gives me and you the strength to carry on, and pray for those who don't know. My actions may be the only thing between him and her in making that right choice.
Don't get me wrong, I will always be a sinner, and will still have fits of anger to deal with. However, I know the consequences can be very deep and I try to think about my actions before hand. God will never put more on us then we can not handle. We'll always have anger issues because we are humans, it's what we do with that negative energy that makes a difference


No comments: